- Proofpoint – Better Together: Optimize Your Data Security Stack with Integrations
- BrightTALK – Understanding the Modern Threat Landscape
- Proofpoint – Certified Insider Threat Specialist Course 3: A Day in the Life of an Insider Threat Analyst
- NBA alerts fans of a data breach exposing personal information – an unauthorized third party gained access to, and obtained a copy of, your name and email address, which was held by a third-party service provider that helps us communicate via email with fans
- Ferrari discloses data breach after receiving ransom demand – Ferrari has disclosed a data breach following a ransom demand received after attackers gained access to some of the company’s IT systems.
- CISA Releases Updated Cybersecurity Performance Goals – the CPGs are voluntary practices that businesses and critical infrastructure owners can take to protect themselves against cyber threats.
- PoC exploits released for Netgear Orbi router vulnerabilities – Proof-of-concept exploits for vulnerabilities in Netgear’s Orbi 750 series router and extender satellites have been released, with one flaw a critical severity remote command execution bug.
- Preventing Insider Threats in Your Active Directory – Active Directory (AD) is a powerful authentication and directory service used by organizations worldwide. With this ubiquity and power comes the potential for abuse. Insider threats offer some of the most potentials for destruction. Many internal users have over-provisioned access and visibility into the internal network.
- Cybersecurity Skills Shortage, Recession Fears Drive ‘Upskilling’ Training Trend – if employees had a weekly sprint for learning, 59% of executives would want them to learn cybersecurity skills, while 44% preferred data-science skills, and 42% selected cloud skill sets, according to Pluralsight’s report.
- North Korean hackers using Chrome extensions to steal Gmail emails – The attack begins with a spear-phishing email urging the victim to install a malicious Chrome extension, which will also install in Chromium-based browsers, such as Microsoft Edge or Brave
- Dole discloses employee data breach after ransomware attack – Fresh produce giant Dole Food Company has confirmed threat actors behind a February ransomware attack have accessed the information of an undisclosed number of employees.
- 2023 Cybersecurity Maturity Report Reveals Organizational Unpreparedness for Cyberattacks – In 2022 alone, global cyberattacks increased by 38%, resulting in substantial business loss, including financial and reputational damage.
- Smashing Security 313: Tesla twins and deepfake dramas
- Smashing Security 314: Photo cropping bombshell, TikTok debates, and real estate scams
TryHackMe – Working through SOC Analyst Level 1. I’m in Cyber Threat Intelligence.
Proofpoint – 2022 The Cost of Insider Threats Global Report
Proofpoint – 2023 State of the Phish