A very interesting article and podcast from Nature regarding Lactose intolerance. It is something that I have had since about age 12.
Saving this here for later. I like this one and it has some drills I want to try.
I was only able to read 17 books this year. This is the least number of books I have read since 2009. I’m not very happy with that, but 2022 is a new year and another opportunity to read more books!
- Only 5 books from outside the US
- 63% of books were written by Men
- 69% of books I read were on the Kindle (4 audiobooks, 1 real book and the rest were kindle books)
- 3,286 pages
- 1,879 minutes of audiobooks (~31 hours)
- Almost half the books I read where about the environment (44%)
- 4 audiobooks came from the library, saving me $89.10
Top rated (5-star) books:
- Where There’s A Will: Hope, Grief and Endurance in a Cycle Race Across a Continent by Emily Chappell
- Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry by Mildred D. Taylor
- The Story of Stuff: How Our Obsession with Stuff is Trashing the Planet, Our Communities, and our Health—and a Vision for Change by Annie Leonard
- How to Avoid a Climate Disaster: The Solutions We Have and the Breakthroughs We Need by Bill Gates
- Moods Of Future Joys by Alastair Humphreys
- Everybody Fights: So Why Not Get Better at It? by Kim Holderness, Penn Holderness
I’ve wanted to make this for a long time. I hope you find some helpful things below. Please comment if I missed anything!
- Fastest wheelset for the flats
- Fastest wheelset for climbing
- Fastest frames
- Zwift Power: The real results from races are here. Unless you did a WTRL race.
- WTRL Racing
- Search for what events are going on when you plan on riding
- What to buy (with drops) at each level
- Completing routes is the fastest way to level up, keep track of what you’ve done and what you need to do here
- I use this to browse workouts
- Zwift forums: The single best place to find information on Zwift.
- Youtube channels: My list of channels I watch about Zwift and Cycling.
- Zwift PowerUp Cycling Podcast – Get faster on Zwift.
- Zwiftcast – A podcast all about Zwift.
General / Fun Channels
- TWiT Tech Podcast Network – Several tech podcast/videos. Actually manny channels.
- Holderness Family Vlogs – My kids call them the funny family. We all enjoy their funny songs and videos.
- Ordinary Adventures – This great couple visits amusement parks and takes you on the adventure with them. I love their disney videos and the others as well. Extremely entertaining.
- Kara and Nate – Travelers who make amazing content and have hit 100 countries!
- EXCESSORIZE ME. – While I am a struggling minimalist, I find this channel entertaining, but mostly don’t buy anything here. The host covers all kinds of cool kit.
- Good Mythical Morning – Two zany guys that eat all kinds of strange things. Very entertaining well produced content.
- Headspace – My new addiction. This is an app that you can use on your phone (subscription based), but lots of free stuff on their youtube channel.
- WHAT’S INSIDE? FAMILY – A family that does pretty interesting videos. Always entertaining. Lots of stuff around Tesla here, which is what drew me to their content originally.
- colinfurze – Another Zany youtuber. He has gotten to be one of the most subscribed to channels in all of youtube at 11.3M subs. He builds crazy stuff.
- Nerdist – Nerds reviewing nerdy movies and television shows. As a Nerd, I like their content.
- We’re the Russos – Our channel is about cool campers, RV living and travel. We’re Joe and Kait of We’re the Russos and we travel full time and share our journey here and on our website https://weretherussos.com.
- Less Junk, More Journey – I’m putting this in the fun category, because they really don’t talk about minimalism here. This family travels in an RV and explores the world.
- Julie Nolke – An actor, writer, comedian and creator of this channel. Tune in for a new comedy sketch every Thursday.
- The Fit RV – #vanlife. Stef is an RVing personal trainer, specializing in exercises for beginners and seniors. Check out her little or no-equipment workouts and fit tips! James is compulsive about RV mods. There’s always a new RV mod, experiment, or helpful tip he’s working on, and he shares them here!
- SmarterEveryDay – Explore the world using science. That’s pretty much all there is to it. Watch 2 videos. If you learn something AWESOME, please subscribe if you feel like I earned it.
- Yoga With Adriene – Rightfully so, one of the most popular yoga channels on youtube. Excellent channel, thousands of videos!
- The Financial Diet – The Financial Diet talks about personal finance in a way that doesn’t make you want to curl up in a ball and cry.
- Reina del Cid – Posting music to this YouTube channel since 2007. For the last few years, I’ve been posting a new video every Sunday, and I call it “Sunday Mornings with Reina del Cid.”
- Vegancuts – Vegancuts is an online marketplace with monthly snack box and beauty box and quarterly makeup box subscription service. Shop with us to discover the best vegan products.
- Sweet Simple Vegan – Good vegan recipes and Jasmine and Chris are fun too.
- World of Vegan – World of Vegan is your hub for the latest vegan recipes, news, trends, lifestyle content and more! Hosted by long-time vegan activist and filmmaker Michelle Cehn (michellecehn.com), our videos are both inspirations and fun, and often include special guests from the vegan community.
- Vegan Yack Attack – A vegan food blog for people who LOVE food, run by Jackie Sobon. We cover everything from indulgent desserts, to healthy dinners, meal prep, and even raw recipes! I also write up product reviews and am sort of a beer snob. You’ll find that there is something for everyone, here!
- Sustainably Vegan – Advocating a low impact lifestyle: zero waste, plant-based, and ethical.
- Cheap Lazy Vegan – Mostly recipes.
- Toni Okamoto – Vegan recipes and cookbook author.
- PLANT BASED NEWS – A vegan news media & plant-based health education platform.
- The Vegan Cyclist – Cat 2 road cyclists in California, my videos consist of well produced cycling tips, amateur race breakdowns with power overlays, and vlogs of my day at the races. Bro, listen, your gonna dig my channel, don’t let the whole vegan thing get in the way. I dont preach it, I just live it. I guarantee you will enjoy my videos as a cyclist or your money back!
- LIVEKINDLY – the largest plant-based lifestyle platform on Earth. We lead conversations around climate justice and food innovation, encourage bold action by empowering you with education and the resources to make an impact in your everyday life. Come for the delicious vegan recipes and conscious living tips, stay for the community committed to creating change.
Cycling / Zwift
- ElectricBikeReview.com – Discover new electric bikes, see hands on demos and reviews, get feedback on which ebike is best for you!
- Ryan Van Duzer – I’m always on the hunt for exciting new experiences and ways to make this world a better place. The main goal with my content is to inspire viewers to get off their couches. My adventures include bike touring, mountain biking, trail running, racing ultras, trekking, Burningman, exploring Latin America, and traveling to every corner of the world.
- Shane Miller – GPLama – (Consultant • Cycling Tech Product Specialist • Husband / Cyclist / Traveller). Through my years of racing I’ve trained indoors a lot. I’ve also used ALL the software from Spinervals, TrainerRoad, Sufferfest (with Knighthood!), Kinomap, Zwift, etc. I also collect indoor trainers.
- Global Mountain Bike Network (GMBN) – The Global Mountain Bike Network is the best MTB YouTube channel, with videos for everyone who loves dirt: from the full-faced helmet downhill mountain biker to the lycra-clad cross country rider along with everyone and anyone in between.
- Electric Mountain Bike Network (EMBN) – The Electric Mountain Bike Network (EMBN) is dedicated to igniting your passion for electric mountain bikes (eMTBs) by taking your riding further, faster and further than ever before.
- KevDoes – Pushing you to live your best life by showing you my journey to get there!
- Canyon Bicycles – Some great bikes I’ll never be able to afford, but they also have some fun content on their channel.
- Juliet Elliott – A cyclist and Zwifter that has entertaining content.
- Dustin Klein – Cyclist with fun and entertaining content.
- Cycling Weekly – Much like BikeRadar. Great content, just wish there was more of it.
- Propel – eBike retailer in NY and Long Beach, CA. Lots of content on ebikes and the legality surrounding them.
- Sherpa Dave – Zwifter that posts good recon information around the TTT and other races.
- BikeRadar – UK based cycling channel. Great channel, but they don’t put out as much content as GCN.
- GMBN Tech – A GCN spin off that is mountain bike tech. No read road bike covered here, but great content.
- Zwift Community Live – Covers Zwift races.
- Berm Peak – We’re turning my backyard into a super miniature downhill mountain bike park, and making family-friendly video content in the process.
- Berm Peak Express – Berm Peak is a fun channel about mountain biking. Sometimes it’s a bit different, but really the same.
- Global Cycling Network – (GCN) probably the cycling channel for cyclist on youtube. Great content for everything related to cycling.
- GCN Tech – Brought to you by the world’s biggest cycling channel, the Global Cycling Network (GCN), GCN Tech goes deeper into the bikes, kit and technology stories that matter.
- Zwift – A virtual indoor stationary bike app that gamifies indoor training. Also works for treadmills.
- Everything Is Photogenic – Sarah discusses cycling and Zwift.
- Path Less Pedaled – Russ covers the non-competitive side of cycling, partypace.
- Mark Lewis – An above average cyclist who enjoys Zwifting.
- Cameron Jeffers – 23 year old bike rider, documenting the adventures life takes me on.
- Not Just Bikes – Stories of great urban planning and urban experiences from Amsterdam and the Netherlands. It’s not just bikes.
- Katie Kookaburra – Cyclist youtuber that has entertaining and motivational videos.
- Stoked On Spokes – Cyclist vlogger.
- DC Rainmaker – Looking for the most in-depth sports technology reviews? You’ve arrived. Everything from GPS watches to action cameras to activity trackers and more. But, just a small snippet of that is published here on YouTube, the rest is in my massively long posts at dcrainmaker.com.
- Shifter – Exploring cities from the seat of a bike.
- Ted King – Bikes. Presumably you’ve stumbled on this channel because you’re interested in bikes. Gravel bikes, road bikes, mountain bikes, and every iteration in between, follow along on Ted’s fast paced adventures to bike rides everywhere.
- SYD and MACKY – Two pro mountain bike racers, living in a van and traveling the world to race the best races. Doing our best to #bemoreawesome.
- Fully Charged Show – Fully Charged is the world’s number 1 clean energy & electric vehicle channel. Founded and hosted by Robert Llewellyn (Red Dwarf, Scrapheap Challenge, Carpool).
- The Minimal Mom – Tom and Dawn and we live with our four kids (ages 4-9) just outside of the Twin Cities in Minnesota. We took on a minimalist lifestyle about 6 years ago and haven’t looked back! We don’t miss any of the stuff…none of it!
- Fully Charged Plus – Great channel about electric cars and other electric vehicles. Great entertaining content from extremely knowledgeable people.
- City Beautiful – City Beautiful is a YouTube channel dedicated to educating everyone about cities and city planning. Cities are amazing! I cover topics such as transportation, land use planning, and urban design.
- Kirsten Dirksen – Kristen does home tours that for unusual homes, tiny-homes, earth homes, etc. Very interesting!
- Levi Hildebrand – An environmentalist that has an entertaining and educational channel.
- Shelbizleee – My name is Shelbi and I have a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science and a passion for sustainability. My mission for this channel is to create a community where the average person can come and feel like they can make a difference.
- Joshua Becker – Minimalist author.
- Strong Towns – for those passionate about the future of America’s towns and neighborhoods. Our mission is to support a model of development that allows America’s cities, towns and neighborhoods to become financially strong and resilient.
- Living Big In A Tiny House – Think House Hunters, but for tiny homes only. The host takes a look at tiny homes.
- Exploring Alternatives – Living differently. Tiny homes, house boats, etc.
- Matt D’Avella – Minimalist and documentary film maker.
- NEVER TOO SMALL – Never Too Small is a video channel dedicated to small footprint design and living; featuring award-winning designers and their tiny / micro apartments, studios and self-contained projects.
- Doug DeMuro – Fun car reviews. Doug looks at cars to find strange and unique things.
- Driven Car Reviews With Tom Voelk – Very polished car review content from a professional journalist. Awesome content from a very nice guy!
- Alex on Autos – The authority on car reviews! Alex does in-depth reviews and covers everything. By far the best car reviews anywhere TV or youtube!
- MotorWeek – Car show from television. They have very short videos available online.
- DRIVETRIBE – Jeremy Clarkson’s, Richard Hammond’s and James May’s home of epic motoring and pulse-racing adventure.
Nature article: People systematically overlook subtractive changes