- Took 2nd CompTIA practice Exam from LinkedIn and scored 77%. Only 1% better than the last test I took a week ago. I need to review my wrong answers and see what I need to focus on.
- TryHackMe – OWASP Top 10 – 2021 – In Progress
- Juniper Support Portal Exposed Customer Device Info – Juniper’s support website allowed him to list detailed information about virtually any Juniper device purchased by other customers
- QR Codes – what’s the real risk? – Reports of QR-enabled fraud in the UK can be found online
- ExpressVPN User Data Exposed Due to Bug – ExpressVPN disables split tunneling on Windows after learning that DNS requests were not properly directed.
- French Healthcare Payments Processor Breaches Affect Half of Population – France’s data protection agency CNIL says it is investigating massive data breaches at two companies that manage third-party healthcare payments, warning that more than 33 million people may be affected.
- BofA Warns Customers of Data Leak in Third-Party Breach – An attack on a technology partner claimed by LockBit ransomware exposed sensitive information, including Social Security numbers, of more than 57,000 banking customers.
- 200,000 Facebook Marketplace user records leaked on hacking forum – A threat actor leaked 200,000 records on a hacker forum, claiming they contained the mobile phone numbers, email addresses, and other personal information of Facebook Marketplace users.
- Prudential Financial Discloses Data Breach – Prudential Financial says administrative and user data was compromised in a cyberattack earlier this month.
- US military notifies 20,000 of data breach after cloud email leak – According to the breach notification letter sent out to affected individuals on February 1, the Defense Intelligence Agency — the DOD’s military intelligence agency — said, “numerous email messages were inadvertently exposed to the Internet by a service provider,” between February 3 and February 20, 2023.
- FBI Dismantles Ubiquiti Router Botnet Controlled by Russian Cyberspies – “Non-GRU cybercriminals installed the Moobot malware on Ubiquiti Edge OS routers that still used publicly known default administrator passwords. GRU hackers then used the Moobot malware to install their own bespoke scripts and files that repurposed the botnet, turning it into a global cyber espionage platform,” the agency said.
- HP Wolf Security Threat Insights Report Q4 2023