TryHackMe – Advent of Cyber
EdX – EC-Council | Network Defense Essentials – Complete
EdX – EC-Council | Digital Forensic Essentials – In Progress
- MongoDB says customer data was exposed in a cyberattack – MongoDB is warning that its corporate systems were breached and that customer data was exposed in a cyberattack that was detected by the company earlier this week.
- Former IT manager pleads guilty to attacking high school network – Conor LaHiff, a former IT manager for a New Jersey public high school, has admitted to committing a cyberattack against his former employer following the termination of his employment in June 2023.
- Vans and North Face owner VF Corp hit by ransomware attack – American global apparel and footwear giant VF Corporation, the owner of brands like Supreme, Vans, Timberland, and The North Face, has disclosed a security incident that caused operational disruptions.
- FBI disrupts Blackcat ransomware operation, creates decryption tool – The Department of Justice announced today that the FBI successfully breached the ALPHV ransomware operation’s servers to monitor their activities and obtain decryption keys.
- Mr. Cooper Data Breach Impacts 14.7 Million Individuals – Mr. Cooper has confirmed that personal and bank account information was compromised in a recent cyberattack.
- 1.5 Billion Records Leaked in Real Estate Wealth Network Data Breach – Cybersecurity Researcher, Jeremiah Fowler, discovered and reported to vpnMentor about a non-password protected database that held 1.5 billion records containing real estate ownership data of millions of people, including celebrities, politicians, and even my own personal information. The database belonged to New York-based Real Estate Wealth Network.
- Xfinity Data Breach Impacts 36 Million Individuals – The recently disclosed Xfinity data breach, which involved exploitation of the CitrixBleed vulnerability, impacts 36 million individuals
- Top 15 SANS Summit Talks of 2023 – This year, SANS hosted 16 Summits with 209 talks. Here were the top-rated talks of the year.
- Decoy Microsoft Word Documents Used to Deliver Nim-Based Malware – A new phishing campaign is leveraging decoy Microsoft Word documents as bait to deliver a backdoor written in the Nim programming language.
- UK Teen Gets Indefinite Hospital Order For ‘Grand Theft Auto’ Hack – Arion Kurtaj was found responsible by a British court of carrying out one of the biggest breaches in the history of the video game industry
- BlackCat Strikes Back: Ransomware Gang “Unseizes” Website, Vows No Limits on Targets – The BlackCat/Alphv ransomware group is dealing with the government operation that resulted in website seizures and a decryption tool.
- Interpol operation arrests 3,500 cybercriminals, seizes $300 million – An international law enforcement operation codenamed ‘Operation HAECHI IV’ has led to the arrest of 3,500 suspects of various lower-tier cybercrimes and seized $300 million in illicit proceeds.
- Cyberwire – Ep 1969 | 12.18.23 – 14 million customers and stolen data.