Learn Cybersecurity with me. I’m posting my journey here.
- Australian Ports Resume Operation After Crippling Cyber Disruption – Details of a major cyberattack against Australia’s shipping industry remain few and far between, but the economic impact is clear.
- Ransomware Group Leaks Files Allegedly Stolen From Boeing – The LockBit ransomware group has leaked gigabytes of files allegedly stolen from the systems of aerospace giant Boeing.
- Hackers swipe Booking.com, damage from attack is global – Hackers breached Booking.com, one of the world’s largest online accommodation reservation sites, by posing as hotel staff to steal credit card information from travelers making bookings.
- Administrator of Darkode Hacking Forum Sentenced to Prison – Thomas McCormick, aka fubar, an administrator of the Darkode hacking forum, has been sentenced to 18 months in prison.
- CISA Alert – Scattered Spider
- Russian Hackers Linked to ‘Largest Ever Cyber Attack’ on Danish Critical Infrastructure – Russian threat actors have been possibly linked to what’s been described as the “largest cyber attack against Danish critical infrastructure,” in which 22 companies associated with the operation of the country’s energy sector were targeted in May 2023.
- Ransomware gang files SEC complaint over victim’s undisclosed breach – The ALPHV/BlackCat ransomware operation has taken extortion to a new level by filing a U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission complaint against one of their alleged victims for not complying with the four-day rule to disclose a cyberattack.
- IPStorm botnet with 23,000 proxies for malicious traffic dismantled – The U.S. Department of Justice announced today that Federal Bureau of Investigation took down the network and infrastructure of a botnet proxy service called IPStorm.
- FBI knows identities of some U.S. members of “Scattered Spider,” but no arrests so far? – For more than six months, the FBI has known the identities of at least a dozen members tied to the hacking group responsible for the devastating September break-ins at casino operators MGM Resorts International and Caesars Entertainment, according to four people familiar with the investigation.
- Biden Campaign Looking for CISO – The Biden for President campaign is looking for a cybersecurity chief to “define the organization’s risk appetite” and manage its cybersecurity and IT initiatives.
- Hackers Could Exploit Google Workspace and Cloud Platform for Ransomware Attacks – A set of novel attack methods has been demonstrated against Google Workspace and the Google Cloud Platform that could be potentially leveraged by threat actors to conduct ransomware, data exfiltration, and password recovery attacks.
- CitrixBleed Vulnerability Exploitation Suspected in Toyota Ransomware Attack – Toyota Financial Services has been hit by a ransomware attack that may have involved exploitation of the CitrixBleed vulnerability.
- Long Beach, California turns off IT systems after cyberattack – The Californian City of Long Beach is warning that they suffered a cyberattack on Tuesday that has led them to shut down portions of their IT network to prevent the attack’s spread.
- US Teen Pleads Guilty to Credential Stuffing Attack on Fantasy Sports Website – Wisconsin teenager Joseph Garrison has admitted in court to launching a credential stuffing attack on a betting website.
- Cyberwire – Ep 1949 | 11.16.23 – Shopping during wartime? Focus, people.
LinkedIn Learning – CompTIA Security+ Module 8: Network Security Design and Implementation | Complete!
TryHackMe – SOC Level 1(92 % Complete): Intro to Malware Analysis
UDemy – Python for Cybersecurity – Gitlab