Some good youtubes this week…
- Okta Hack Blamed on Employee Using Personal Google Account on Company Laptop – Okta is blaming the recent hack of its support system on an employee who logged into a personal Google account on a company-managed laptop.
- FBI: Ransomware gangs hack casinos via 3rd party gaming vendors – The Federal Bureau of Investigation is warning that ransomware threat actors are targeting casino servers and use legitimate system management tools to increase their permissions on the network.
- Atlassian Bug Escalated to 10, All Unpatched Instances Vulnerable – Active ransomware attacks against vulnerable Atlassian Confluence Data Center and Servers ratchets up risk to enterprises, now reflected in the bug’s revised CVSS score of 10.
- Two Russian Nationals Charged For Conspiring To Hack The Taxi Dispatch System At JFK Airport – “…these four defendants conspired to hack into the taxi dispatch system at JFK airport. Cyber hacking can pose grave threats to infrastructure systems that we rely on every day, and our Office is dedicated to pursuing criminal hackers, whether they be in Russia or here in New York.”
- Major ChatGPT Outage Caused by DDoS Attack – ChatGPT and its API have experienced a major outage due to a DDoS attack apparently launched by Anonymous Sudan.
- Cloudflare website downed by DDoS attack claimed by Anonymous Sudan – Cloudflare confirmed that the outage resulted from a DDoS attack that only affected the www.cloudflare.com website without impacting other products or services.
- Tri-City Medical Center in Oceanside hit by cybersecurity attack – Tri-City Medical Center is diverting ambulance traffic to other hospitals Thursday as it copes with a cybersecurity attack that has forced it to declare “an internal disaster” as workers scramble to contain the damage and protect patient records.
- 1.3 Million Maine Residents Impacted by MOVEit Hack – The State of Maine says the personal information of 1.3 million individuals was compromised in the MOVEit attack.
LinkedIn Learning – CompTIA Security+ Module 8: Network Security Design and Implementation | This is a long one, I’m still working on it.
TryHackMe – SOC Level 1(91 % Complete): TheHive – Complete
UDemy – Python for Cybersecurity – Gitlab