In these post I cover what I did towards my ongoing education around cybersecurity. the projects I did, classes I took, webinars, articles and podcasts, I consumed. I hope you find it useful!
- Information Session for Cybersecurity Master’s program at SANS Technology Institute
- Where is automotive cyber security headed? – Deloitte recently forecast that electronic systems will account for 50% of a new vehicle’s total cost by 2030.
- KFC, Pizza Hut owner discloses data breach after ransomware attack – although some data was stolen from its network, it has no evidence that the attackers exfiltrated any customer information.
- Leak of secret US defense papers could be ‘tip of the iceberg’, report says – The recent leak of more than a hundred secret US defense documents could just be the “tip of the iceberg” of a trove of material that had started circulating long before it was widely noticed, according to a new report.
- ‘Blatantly Obvious’: Spyware Offered to Cyberattackers via PyPI Python Repository – Malware-as-a-service hackers from Spain decided to use a public code repository to openly advertise their wares.
- iPhones hacked via invisible calendar invites to drop QuaDream spyware – attackers targeted a zero-day vulnerability affecting iPhones running iOS 1.4 up to 14.4.2 between January 2021 and November 2021, using what Citizen Lab described as backdated and “invisible iCloud calendar invitations.”
- Hyundai data breach exposes owner details in France and Italy – Hyundai has disclosed a data breach impacting Italian and French car owners and those who booked a test drive, warning that hackers gained access to personal data.
- Survey Findings Show Link Between Data Silos and Security Vulnerabilities – A recent survey showed a surprising correlation between those who operate their businesses with risk and compliance data in silos and those who experienced data breaches in the last 24 months.
- (ISC)² Certified in Cybersecurity Earns ANAB Accreditation to ISO 17024 and Surpasses 15,000 Certification Holders – Entry-level cybersecurity certification is now accredited to the highest global standards alongside other globally recognized (ISC)² certifications like the CISSP®
- FBI Arrests 21-Year-Old Guardsman in Leak of Classified Military Documents – A Massachusetts Air National Guard member was arrested Thursday in connection with the disclosure of highly classified military documents about the Ukraine war and other top national security issues.
- Family’s Verizon account hacked, suspect purchased iPhones, Apple Watches – new iPhones and Apple Watches had been purchased at two Verizon stores. One in Danvers, the other in Malden. Two towns this family said they had never been to.
- Police disrupts $98M online fraud ring with 33,000 victims – Europol and Eurojust announced today the arrest of five individuals believed to be part of a massive online investment fraud ring with at least 33,000 victims who lost an estimated €89 million (roughly $98 million).
- Russian hackers linked to widespread attacks targeting NATO and EU – Poland’s Military Counterintelligence Service and its Computer Emergency Response Team have linked APT29 state-sponsored hackers, part of the Russian government’s Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR), to widespread attacks targeting NATO and European Union countries.
- Smashing Security 314: Photo cropping bombshell, TikTok debates, and real estate scams
- Smashing Security 315: Crypto hacker hijinks, government spyware, and Utah social media shocker
- Smashing Security 316: Of Musk and Afroman
- Security Now 916: Microsoft’s Email Extortion
- LinkedIn Learning – Cybersecurity Awareness: Cybersecurity Terminology
- LinkedIn Learning – Cybersecurity Foundations
- Udemy: The Absolute Beginners Guide to Cyber Security 2023 – Part 1
- Udemy: The Absolute Beginners Guide to Cyber Security 2023 – Part 2
- Completed YARA room, part of the SOC Analyst learning path on TryHackMe
- Started OpenCTI room, part of the SOC Analyst learning path on TryHackMe
- Installed Ubuntu on a Windows machine using VMPlayer