- Pepsi Bottling Ventures suffers data breach after malware attack – an unknown party accessed [our internal IT systems] on or around December 23, 2022, installed malware, and downloaded certain information contained on the accessed IT systems
- Russian hacker convicted of $90 million hack-to-trade charges – Vladislav Klyushin was found guilty of hacking into U.S. computer networks to steal confidential earnings reports, which helped $90,000,000 in illegal profits.
- Hyundai, Kia patch bug allowing car thefts with a USB cable – popularized on TikTok, increasing thefts targeting its vehicles without push-button ignitions and immobilizing anti-theft devices
- Report Reveals Record-Breaking Year for Cyber Threats – Exploit activity grew by 105% in Q4 2022, Malware jumped nearly 35% in Q4, Botnets jumped by 30% in 2022
- 5th State of CCPA, CPRA, and GDPR Compliance Report Shows More Than 90% of Companies Are Not Compliant – As CPRA went into effect on January 1, latest CYTRIO research says 91% of companies still uncompliant with GDPR; 92% not compliant with CCPA and CPRA.
- City of Oakland declares state of emergency after ransomware attack – Interim City Administrator G. Harold Duffey declared a state of emergency to allow the City of Oakland to expedite orders, materials and equipment procurement, and activate emergency workers
- Cloudflare blocks record-breaking 71 million RPS DDoS attack – The majority of attacks peaked in the ballpark of 50-70 million requests per second (rps) with the largest exceeding 71 million rps
- FBI says it has ‘contained’ cyber incident on bureau’s computer network – The FBI has been investigating and working to contain a malicious cyber incident on part of its computer network in recent days
- GoDaddy: Hackers stole source code, installed malware in multi-year breach – Web hosting giant GoDaddy says it suffered a breach where unknown attackers have stolen source code and installed malware on its servers
- Smashing Security – 308: Jail after VPN fail, criminal messaging apps, and wolf-crying watches
- Security Now 910 – Malicious ChatGPT Use, Google Security Key Giveaway, OTPAuth
TryHackMe – I paid for premium access and completed the Introduction to Cybersecurity and Pre Security learning paths.
PiHole – I used this great tutorial to create a PiHole.