This week I attended two webinars:
- (ISC)2 Webinar – How to Perform an Attack Surface Assessment
- (ISC)2 Webinar – Future Insights 2023
Interesting Articles this Week
- Ransomware attack hit KFC and Pizza Hut stores in the UK
- T-Mobile hacked to steal data of 37 million accounts in API data breach
- EXCLUSIVE: U.S. airline accidentally exposes ‘No Fly List’ on unsecured server
- PayPal Breach Exposed PII of Nearly 35K Accounts
- MailChimp discloses new breach after employees got hacked
- The FBI Won’t Say Whether It Hacked Dark Web ISIS Site – Technically last week, but the idea that Tor is not as anonymous as commonly perceived is fascinating.
Great Podcasts from this Week
- Security Now 906 – The Rule of Two
- Darknet Diaries – EP 131: Welcome To Video – WARNING: This episode is especially disturbing.
- Smashing Security – 305: Norton unlocked, and police leaks
- FROZEN, FORTINET, SCATTERED SPIDER, ROUTERS, APF, TELEGRAM, & CWP – SWN #267
TryHackMe – I’m adding in some rooms from TryHackMe here and there to increase my overall understanding of cybersecurity. I’m focusing on Unix commands right now.
Kali Linux – I’ve installed a Kali Linux virtual machine on my MacBook Pro M1, which took a little more doing as the Apple silicon is still fairly new in the industry.
PluralSight – I’m still working through the 6+ hour long Implementation of Secure Solutions for CompTIA Security+ by Christopher Rees.